[winswitch] Question about Xpra, OpenGL, and Xming-Mesa

Michael Segev michael.sgv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 18:11:40 GMT 2017

Hello,

My situation is as follows:

I'm currently on a Windows 10 machine that has Xpra, Xming-Mesa (Xming with
OpenGL support), and PuTTY installed. I am trying to run a GUI java app
that uses OpenGL on a remote Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) machine and have it
display back on my PC using Xpra.

I can successfully run the application when I just use Xming-mesa. However,
when I add Xpra into the equation, the GUI java app fails to start and
throws this error:

 OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current
thread

But if i shut down the Xpra server and just connect using Xming-mesa, the
application starts fine; so I'm somehow inclined to believe that there is
some conflict here involving Xpra and OpenGL.

Any advice you could provide to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.