[winswitch] Virtualbox Vm access

Randy thejunk.b at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 18:30:47 BST 2017

First, thanks for a great program.

I don't use winswitch much but I now would like to be able to access a win7-vm
on a Mac laptop. There is a windows specific app in the vm that needs to be
accessed from the Mac laptop.  The win7-vm is hosted on Debian Squeeze
(stable) server. I can access the vm from a Debian Squeeze laptop (although I
can't seam to get the screen size right, but that is a separate issue).  But
when I try from the Mac laptop the vm will start OK but will not display on
the Mac. Yet I can pull/push it to the Debian laptop.  I have been through the
server configs and have not been able to find a reason that it does not work.

Also maybe related, I am unable to launch any other app hosted on the Debian
Squeeze server and have the output displayed on the Mac laptop. I also can't
find any debug info in .winswitch/server/sessions which is useful in helping fix
the issue. The only thing I did find was that the server was complaining that
"user is not a member of the xpra group". Adding the user to the group did not
help.

Related ? From the Deiban laptop I am able to launch and access the win7-vm
and start simple terminal applications but I am unable to launch LibreOffice. I
have debugging enabled but can't find any useful info to help resolve the
issue.

I have not found any useful info via Google either.

Thank you
--
If it ain't broke tweek it