[winswitch] What is the proper format the password files?

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 13:06:16 GMT 2018

I  created a username/password combination of the form onetwo:bucklemyshoe,
ie the password file contains the single line 'onetwo|bucklemyshoe'

Whenever I try to connect the message appears on the logon page:

You were disconnected for the following reason:

invalid challenge response
The logs display the following message

 Authentication required by password file authenticator module
  sending challenge for username 'onetwo' using hmac+sha256 digest
 Warning: hmac+sha256 challenge for 'onetwo' does not match
 Warning: authentication failed
  invalid challenge response
 Disconnecting client Protocol(ws websocket: 111.111.111.111:14333 <-
222.222.222.222:35555):
  invalid challenge response

It makes no difference whether ' Insecure plain-text passwords' is checked
or not.

The contents of the password file is not what xpra expects. Is the actual
format documented somewhere? Is there an utility or script to create them
in the right format?
--
Frank Church