[winswitch] the xpra in the Ubuntu repositories is Really old will it get updated to 2.2 for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS release

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 04:31:43 GMT 2018

On 28/01/18 23:41, brian mullan via shifter-users wrote:
> I tried to use XPRA by installing from the Ubuntu repository but could not
> get it to work.
That's a known and well documented issue, the situation with security
vulnerabilities is even worse. But this has nothing to do with xpra.org.
For more information, see:
https://www.xpra.org/trac/wiki/Packaging/DistributionPackages

Users complain regularly about such bugs, and installing a newer version
from our repository fixes things 9 times out of 10.
That's for the users that dare ask the question, most probably just give
up on xpra instead (..)

What downstream distributors like Ubuntu decide to do with our releases
is up to them, unfortunately. (..)

> When I checked I saw that version of XPRA was only v0.4.5
I don't know what Ubuntu release you are using, but I don't see version
0.4.5 listed anywhere, only other and also outdated versions:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=xpra

> Is there any work being done to update the Ubuntu repositories to XPRA v2.2
> for the upcoming Ubuntu 18.04 LTS release in April?
The packages released by xpra.org are always up to date and the Ubuntu
18.04 repository will have an up to date version available on day one.
You can already find beta builds for it here:
https://xpra.org/beta/bionic/