[winswitch] xpra dpi woes with a server running Ubuntu cosmic

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 13:17:36 BST 2018

On 12/09/2018 18:55, Perry E. Metzger via shifter-users wrote:
> Howdy! I'm testing out xpra with a remote server running
> Ubuntu Cosmic and a client running MacOS, and I've been having some
> challenges with the setup setting the DPI to weird values.
What values and where did you find them?

> My impression from reading old trouble tickets is that I need to
> install a patched version of the Xdummy stuff but I'm not exactly
> sure. What do I need to do, roughly? (I searched and couldn't really
> find exact instructions...)
Everything you need should be here:
http://xpra.org/trac/browser/xpra/trunk/debian/xserver-xorg-video-dummy

As the Ubuntu 18.10 release nears, we will start pushing packages to the
beta repository, this will include the patched dummy driver.
Until then, you will need to compile the driver yourself or use another
workaround.