[winswitch] OpenGL Setup Failure

Bob Babcock wssddc-xpra at wssddc.com
Sat Sep 29 21:14:33 BST 2018

Antoine Martin via shifter-users wrote:
> Is there a particular reason why you're using the 32-bit version?
> We are planning on dropping 32-bit support after the next LTS release.

I've got a cheap ($99) 32-bit laptop running Windows 8.1 that I use when
traveling.  It's slow, but typical hotel internet connections are even slower.
I installed the same version on my desktop for consistency.  (Just now I
replaced it with the 64-bit beta.)  Side note: on this laptop, xpra 2.3.4
initially failed (missing dll) because it needed a visual c++ runtime.  Easy to
fix, but shouldn't the installer detect this dependency and send you off to
Microsoft to get the runtime?

> FYI: you are specifying the ssh port twice, I'm not sure which one will
> take precedence, but specifying it once in the connection string ought
> to be enough.

I remember lots of fiddling to get a command line that worked.  One complication
is that I use a non-standard ssh port when coming in from the outside world, so
any changes have to be tested both locally and remotely.

> I've uploaded newer builds for both 2.3.4 and 2.4 beta, those include
> the correct version of PyOpenGL and should fix this problem.

I tested both 2.3.4 and 2.4 beta; the openGL error is gone in both cases.
Thanks for the quick fix.