[winswitch] is windswitch still viable

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Mon Apr 1 22:38:29 BST 2019

Hello,

I am very interested in using Winswitch within a project that I am working
on now as it seems to be exactly what I need.

With that in mind, I wanted to do a test and just installed it on my Ubuntu
18,04 system as per the instructions, but I cannot seem to tell if it is
functional or not as I get no information after starting the program.

To have a system that the Unbuntu 18.04 system could talk to, I also tried
to install Winswitch on my older WindowsXP (32-bit system) but that may
have also not gone well since it seems to depend upon "Bonjour for Windows
1.0.5" and that does not seem to be available.

Can someone please help guide me in the right direction?

Also, I just wanted to know if the Winswitch project is still active?  If
not, then perhaps someone will be interested in helping to bring it back to
life, as I do not really know of any viable directly competitors or
replacement in at my project needs to be able to work on different
platforms as well as in seamless mode to have applications from different
systems on the same desktop.

Any information would be very helpful.
Cheers,
Lonnie