[winswitch] Xpra Implement WebRTC?

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 14:14:07 BST 2019

On 16/04/2019 20:00, Kaloyan Manev via shifter-users wrote:
> Hello guys!
>
> I love Xpra, so far I've been using it for simple apps and it does the job.
> Any plans for using WebRTC to transfer data (could be used for nice web
> client)?
The way xpra handles pixel transfers is quite different from your normal
WebRTC video transfer: xpra sends only what has changed, in as small a
chunk as possible whereas most WebRTC application usually send a video
or audio stream.
WebRTC could still be used as a transport, layering xpra's protocol on
top of it. (the xpra protocol has a lot more data flowing than just the
audio and video)

> Or perhaps improvements in the UDP?
At present, neither is likely as there just isn't enough time available
to work on those features.