[winswitch] eclipse via xpra problem

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Jul 23 18:40:44 BST 2019

On 24/07/2019 00:05, Thomas Käfer wrote:
> Hi there Antoine!
>
> I've managed to upgrade my xpra server to v2.5.2-r22875
> However, that didn't solve the problem.
>
> Your other hint, starting eclipse like that:
> GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus eclipse
> worked wonders. No more gray box overlaying my text editors inside
> eclipse! thank you!!!
Glad to hear that.
We may try to change the default to IBus for the next release:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/2359#comment:1
This is going to require quite a bit of testing to validate the change,
your feedback helps.
Do you have an ibus-daemon running?
Does it belong to another session perhaps?
If that's the case, terminating the other session may kill the
ibus-daemon and that may crash eclipse in your xpra session.. or just
break keyboard input.