[winswitch] gnome keyring / seahorse

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed May 1 03:54:08 BST 2019

On 01/05/2019 03:54, Steve McKuhr via shifter-users wrote:
> With Linux (Fedora 29) for both client and server when I start Evolution
> or Chrome the passwords are not to be found i.e. Evolution is asking for
> password and web login forms normally auto-completed by Chrome are empty.
> I have tested with starting a desktop session and confirmed that
> Seahorse shows no passwords. Shadowing :0 works fine.
When shadowing, you are interacting with a "real" managed session.

> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but reading the man page and a
> fair amount of internet read provided no hint.
You may want to try to start your sessions via the system-wide proxy
(--start-via-proxy=yes, you will need to ensure the xpra service is
started), that way your sessions will have all the pam and logind hooks
in place.
That usually does the trick. If not, please file a ticket.