[winswitch] 32-bit Windows installer omits plink

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon May 6 09:42:08 BST 2019

On 04/05/2019 12:01, Bob Babcock via shifter-users wrote:
> I just updated to Xpra 2.5.1.0 on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.  The 32-bit
> installer does not include plink.exe (the 64-bit installer has it).  A
> copy of plink.exe from an older 32-bit release works.
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why it went missing.

> I know the 32-bit version is going away, but I have a cheap 32-bit
> laptop that can't run the 64-bit version.
I have just published some beta builds from both the 2.5.x branch (2.5.2
pre-release) and the upcoming 3.x release:
https://xpra.org/beta/windows/

Please note:
* version 2.5 switched to paramiko as the default SSH backend.
You should only be able to hit the problem you describe if somehow you
configure your client to revert back to using Plink as backend.
* these latest builds now include Tortoise Plink 0.71, which fixes some
serious vulnerabilities:
https://lists.tartarus.org/pipermail/putty-announce/2019/000027.html
Though we won't be switching back to plink for the time being.