[winswitch] Connecting to Windows Server Container

Mukul Agrawal mukulagrawal78 at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 18:39:19 BST 2019

Just to clarify, I am ok exposing entire windows desktop. I am not looking for seamless mode.
I just need a way to see graphics generated inside containers.  If container graphics can popup in host and then I can expose entire host desktop to temote client then that works for me.
Alternatively, what if I run xpra server inside container? Would I be able expose entire desktop of container?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 7:52 AM, Antoine Martin<antoine at nagafix.co.uk> wrote:   On 20/05/2019 07:59, Mukul Agrawal wrote:
> The application running inside Windows Server Container is a regular
> microsoft windows application.
> I am guessing it is not an X11 application because I didnt have to
> install any x server. It works natively on MS windows machines.
Then you won't be able to use xpra to expose it individually.

> I have played with XPRA on linux systems and linux container a little
> bit and I can get those to work.
> I was wondering if: (1) you have a distribution of xpra server that can
> run on microsoft windows host machines
The regular xpra builds for MS Windows support running servers, but
those servers are just shadow servers: it allows you to access the whole
desktop all at once, not individual windows separately.
> and if it does then (2) if it is
> possible to for a windows server container running on that host to send
> its graphics to the xpra server running on host (or running on sister
> container) instead of running inside container.
No. MS Windows applications know nothing about X11.

This question comes up regularly: it should be possible to improve xpra
to support seamless mode on MS Windows. But this would take a serious
amount of work.