[winswitch] 3.0.2-r24406 stable builds - was r24387 still not usable

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 17:53:14 GMT 2019

> All those problems are likely related to the move to GTK3, which is
> really not a smooth process.
> You may have better luck with the legacy "Python2" builds also found in
> the download directory:
> https://xpra.org/dists/windows/
Thanks to the feedback and comments on the bug tracker, I believe both
the window geometry and the OpenGL transparent-window bugs have been
fixed. These were in fact caused by the same GTK3 bug, for which we now
have a workaround. It was not spotted earlier because the Xpra window
code was not changed, and it was a GTK3 library update that broke things
just before the release..

AFAICT, this bug only affected MS Windows Python3 builds and also
Python3 builds under Wayland (there is no workaround available there).

I have just uploaded new stable 3.0.2 builds for MS Windows (r24406), as
well as new 4.0 beta builds.

For the gory details, see:
https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/2475
https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/2457