[winswitch] xpra client window on 14" laptop doesn't show full screen of 15" laptop running xpra server

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 07:44:33 BST 2020

On 08/04/2020 08:27, Tim via shifter-users wrote:
> The xpra client window   on a 14" laptop shows the screen of the 15" laptop that runs the xpra server only partially (a part near the bottom and a part near the right are cut off).
You have two options:
* use --desktop-scaling=0.8 to downscale the shadow window, you can also
access this scaling setting from xpra's system tray menu
* try --desktop-fullscreen=yes (your mileage may vary)

In the future, we will also have the option of using scrollbars for
windows that don't fit.

> The screenshot below shows the screen of the 14" laptop with the xpra client window inside: https://i.stack.imgur.com/GA9rX.png
> Both laptops are running Lubuntu 18.04.
So you did resolve your shadow problems from your earlier email? How?

> The remote xpra version and screen dimension and resolution are:
>
>     $ xpra --version
>     xpra v3.0.8-r25889
>
>     $ xdpyinfo | grep dimensions
>       dimensions:    1920x1080 pixels (508x285 millimeters)
>
> The local xpra version (shown different from the remote one, but might be incorrect, see https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/578622/have-i-upgraded-a-package-and-why-is-there-a-mismatch-of-its-version-shown) and screen dimension and resolution are:
>
>     $ xpra --version
>     xpra v3.0.7-r25627
That's not normal, something is wrong with your installation.

>     $ xdpyinfo | grep dimensions
>       dimensions:    1440x900 pixels (381x238 millimeters)
(..)