[winswitch] XPRA Testing and Issues....

xpra at zellners.com xpra at zellners.com
Fri Feb 28 04:04:43 GMT 2020

I found the problem on what XPRA was doing after getting a chance to
dig further...

XTERM for some idiotic reason is no longer in the base X
distribution.at least on my distros (*buntus). I'll save that rant for
another day.. its right up there with not including basic stuff like
ifconfig... anyway

CHANGING TO XCLOCK for a test.. WORKS! xpra start... XCLOCK ..... xpra
attach that brings up the XCLOCK.. OK..

I'll play with the TCP/Net stuff again ....

I tried with the program I intended to use this with.. but that
program itself has an ISSUE.. which is not related to XPRA.. its the
testing environment ... and right now I am not ready to put xpra on
bare metal..

Any input on the huge differences in dependencies?? ? ? ?   XPRA PPA
v. *buntu REPO? ?  Or is this a case of suggests is pulling in more???

So I am off to play some more..