[winswitch] xpra 3.0.5:

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 22:02:08 GMT 2020

On 10/01/2020 15:02, wuebbel--- via shifter-users wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> connecting through the HTML client in 3.0.5 is not working for me.
> Downgrading to 3.0.4, everything is fine.
TLDR: just run apt / dnf / yum update again and things should be fixed.

> Details:
>
> - Ubuntu 18.04.3
> - Installed xpra through the winswitch-repositories as proposed in the
> install section on xpra.org
>
> After installing via
> apt-get install xpra=3.0.4-r24778-1 xpra-html5=3.0.4-r24778-1
> and connecting to Port 14500 via web browser, xpra fails at first (socket
> closed), due to
> Jan 10 14:41:54 RADON xpra[30678]: Error: failed to setup control socket
> '/run/xpra/RADON-proxy-31065':
>
> Changing the permissions on /run/xpra (or adding the user to the xpra group)
> fixes this, and everything is fine, I have been running this configuration
> for a couple of days.
>
> However: After doing
> apt-get upgrade
> (or purging and installing 3.0.5 for both xpra and xpra.html-5), and again
> connecting via the webbrowser to port 14500, it fails and shows:
>
> Did not receive hello before timeout reached, not an Xpra server?
>
> Syslog shows no errors. Input is exactly the same as in the working version.
>
> Starting the server manually via xpra start and then doing xpra attach or
> xpra launcher works, but still, html5 fails.
>
> Any ideas? I tried to use debug, but was unsure where to locate this
> problem.
This is probably an error in the html5 client code, which you can see in
your browser's Javascript console.

I believe you need this bug fix (two commits because PEBKAC):
https://xpra.org/trac/changeset/24934
https://xpra.org/trac/changeset/24939

I have uploaded new 3.0.5 packages with this simple fix applied.
Updating your system should give you the fixed packages.
You can also use 3.0.5 with version "3.0.4" of the "xpra-html5" package.

Sorry about that.
Antoine