[winswitch] Xpra performance issue

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 09:06:54 BST 2020

On 31/07/2020 10:50, Mark Knittel via shifter-users wrote:
> Greetings. I'm using XPRA 3.0.10-r26630 on Ubuntu 16.04. I'm mostly using a
> proxy setup to launch desktop apps. That works, but the load time of a new
> application from a link is approximately 40 seconds.
That's sloooow, something must be timing out.

> On a direct desktop
> connection the load time is less than 1 second.
That's incredibly fast!
Starting up the X11 vfb server alone usually takes longer than that.

> I've also tried it with a
> pre-allocated (non-proxy) session with the same result. Does anyone have any
> suggestions as to what might be causing the long load times? I'm attaching
> the log files for the proxy and non-proxy sessions here as well.
The mailing list scrubs attachments.
It may be best if you file a ticket on the bug tracker instead.
Please make sure to include all the exact command lines that you used,
and run your proxy in debug mode: '--debug=proxy'

PS: I didn't see the double post, so I've let them both though. Ooops.