[winswitch] multiple users with html5

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 12:06:21 GMT 2020

On 03/03/2020 06:34, Michael Cronenworth via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an existing product or workflow that someone has created to
> handle multiple users logging in through the HTML5 interface? I would
> like to have each user logging in to their own Xpra instance.
This seems to be a common request, but often with slightly different
requirements. We're still trying to figure out what those are to provide
the most versatile solution to this problem.

> The only way I see to do it now is start up Xpra for each user, but this
> seems wasteful and hard to maintain.
If those users are not expected to have dedicated user accounts on the
server, you can use the sqlite authentication backend (which supersedes
the 'multifile' backend) to maintain a list of authentication username +
password pairs.
There are other ways of doing the same thing (ie: with pam
configurations) but this is probably the easiest.
Do you want them to be able to start new sessions or only connect to
existing ones?