[winswitch] multiple users with html5

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Mar 12 15:34:50 GMT 2020

On 12/03/2020 22:13, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 3/12/20 9:32 AM, Antoine Martin wrote:
>>> One final issue: Sessions are not closing when the user disconnects.
>>>
>>> I am using 'xpra proxy --bind-tcp=0.0.0.0:port --html=on --tcp-auth=pam
>>> --exit-with-client=yes --terminate-children=yes
>> "exit-with-client" is not honoured by the proxy server, otherwise it
>> would be impossible to use it more than once.
>>
>> What you want is to enable "exit-with-client" for the new session you
>> are starting. (and you're not specifying how you're doing that - so I
>> can't really help with that)
>
> It's in the $SUBJECT. I'm only using the HTML5 client (connect.html).
So, you're using the connect.html form, but with what options?

>>> --exit-with-children=yes' and after a user disconnects the 'xpra start',
>>> X server, and pulseaudio are left running. I would have expected the
>>> session to fully exit. Am I wrong or am I doing something wrong?
>> They should all be terminated with the xpra server if you use
>> "exit-with-client".
>
> They are not terminating with the HTML5 client. The checkboxes for
> "Terminate server..." are grey, but checked.
(maybe they should not be checked)
The "terminate .." options are only greyed out if you use "Connect"
mode, they should be available with "Start", "Start Desktop" and "Shadow".

You cannot modify the command line options of a server once it is
started and you just connect to it.