[winswitch] Fastest connection parameters over SSH?

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed May 20 11:50:29 BST 2020

On 20/05/2020 16:31, Luca Manganelli via shifter-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> which are fastest connection parameters over SSH?
The defaults should be fine.
Tuning is hard and often unnecessary.

> I am running over fiber connection to work. But the SSH connection seems
> slower than RDP (through XRDP).
You should be able to achieve similar or better performance.
> Is there any way to get faster image repaint?
Have you tried increasing the `--min-speed` setting?
And if possible, enable NVENC (requires an NVidia GPU)

Without knowing more about your environment, OS and applications, it's
difficult to give you better advice.

Since you are comparing with XRDP, perhaps you're using desktop or
shadow modes? Those are nowhere near as efficient as seamless mode.