[winswitch] Starting with XPRA

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun Oct 4 09:45:34 BST 2020

On 04/10/2020 15:02, Dishant Rawat via shifter-users wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I am new to XPRA, I read some docs and watched videos but I still
> don't know from where to start . Till now what I did :
> Installed client on Mac which is working but cannot start any session as
> its not supported on mac.
>
> Question :  How to start a server on Mac  ?
You cannot start seamless ("xpra start") or desktop ("xpra
start-desktop") sessions on a mac.
You can only start a shadow session of your existing desktop:
Xpra shadow

> The brew installation doesn't
> work for me so I could start the server through terminal.
This not a supported installation method.
Try the binaries from xpra.org instead.

> Is there any doc for mac , step wise which can be followed?
There is nothing really specific to macs, apart from the fact that you
can't start seamless or desktop sessions. (and this is also true for MS
Windows)