[winswitch] What do you use XPra for?

carl langlois crl.langlois at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:59:20 BST 2020

Some of us use it when we want application integration with the client(i.e
multiple windows not complete desktop).
In our VDI infrastructure we used different technology based on user
preference.  Some use nomachine others use the spice
console(remote-viewer).
We also tried x2go based on nx(nomachine).

Our results look like this.
if you need seamless windows Xpra is the way to go. It is fast and easy to
use. There are a couple of stability issues with the mouse but other than
that it is getting more stable over time.
X2go is also a good candidate for seamless windows integration. But for us
some applications are just not working(freezing).
I have never tried desktop forwarding with Xpra so i can't comment on that.
But overall Xpra is working well if you can pass the stability issue.