[winswitch] XKB layout

Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira vini.ipsmaker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 11:09:37 BST 2021

Em qua., 7 de abr. de 2021 às 04:16, Antoine Martin
<antoine at nagafix.co.uk> escreveu:
> > However doing both (forcing --keyboard-variant=colemak and invoking
> > guix with --expose=/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules) does fix the problem.
> So this isn't a standard installation at all, is it?

guix installs stuff into /gnu/store.

> If you are intentionally hiding system directories then you should be
> expecting problems and look there first.

X11 files are there in the guest, but under a different directory
(/gnu/store). guix doesn't use /usr. If xpra uses some env var to
check where X11 files should be, I can open an issue in guix and
they'll make sure this env is set when xpra is run.

What I did by passing --expose was to share files from my ArchLinux
box. I'll be using this hack since it worked.

Anyway, I did expect problems, but I didn't know how to debug.
Therefore I came here.

> The keyboard layout and variant should be detected correctly.
> You can run:
> xpra/platform/keyboard.py
> To see what comes out.

Okay, I filled an issue in the tracker:
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/3075

> This may not work properly under wayland, which does not have an API for
> querying those settings.

I'm using X11.

Wayland, never again.

--