[winswitch] [ANNOUNCE] Xpra 3.1 LTS+1
totaam at xpra.org
Sat Jun 12 15:41:50 BST 2021
This new LTS+1 branch will be replacing the current 3.0 LTS branch.
There will be one final 3.0 release soon after this one.
Unlike regular LTS releases, this new '+1' branch includes features and
enhancements backported from newer versions.
The bug-fix-only policy will be applied again from now on, until the
next '+2' release which is due sometime next year.
The MacOS and MS Windows builds and libraries are fully up to date, but
some sacrifices have been made:
* MacOS versions older than 10.10 "Yosemite" are no longer supported
* there are no Python 2 builds for MacOS
* MS Windows 7 is no longer supported - though it should still work fine
* there are no 32-bit builds for MS Windows
Apart from the many important fixes that had accumulated since the last
LTS release in January, this release also includes:
* critical fixes for crashes and memory corruption bugs
* better compatibility with newer operating systems and Python versions
* many fixes to the proxy server
* screen update fixes and improvements
* latest 'xpra top' client
* the 'nvjpeg' encoder
* updated application metadata hints
* keyboard and network fixes
The more detailed release notes can be found here:
(this includes some items which were already included in the previous
More information about the shifter-users