[winswitch] how to detach from session without closing ssh session

yonatan zaken yonatan.zaken at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 05:24:56 BST 2021

Hi All,

My OS: Linux Kubuntu 14
xpra version: xpra v1.0.12-r19800

I have an application in which I use xpra attach & xpra detach excessively
on the same session. In some cases I noticed that after detaching from the
session and afterwards  calling "ps -a" in the command line I still see an
xpra process running on the master (the computer on which I performed "xpra
start". Most of the time this process is terminated when detaching from a
session. If I try to re-attach in such a scenario the session isn't
attached properly.

Also, using attach and detach excessively on a session causes a lot of
overhead which is reasonable since we are starting and closing an ssh
session each time.

Is there a way to perform an operation that "hides"  from the user the
application that is currently attached (exactly like when using detach),
without actually closing the ssh session, and of course perform a similar
operation that resumes the display of the attached application that was
previously "hidden".

Hope I was clear enough,
thanks in advance

*Cheers,*