[winswitch] xpra 4.1 repeated warning

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 03:41:02 GMT 2021

On 04/03/2021 04:02, Anthony Stone via shifter-users wrote:
> Antoine,
>
> I have encountered a tiresome niggle in the otherwise excellent xpra.
>
> I have v.4.1 of xpra installed on both server and client, both running
> under Ubuntu 18.04. When I started a new session, the first with the new
> version, I got the following warning message repeated several times a
> second:
> 2021-03-03 20:33:17,987 audio playback Warning: object of type
> `GstPulseSink' does not have property `processing-deadline'
>
> I can stop this by switching off the speaker in the system tray menu,
> and I don't use audio anyway, but it's a nuisance. I have tried setting
> --speaker=disabled
> in the config file, but xpra complains that it's an invalid option.
That's the correct option but the configuration file does not accept the
"--" prefix which is only used for command line options.
Try this instead:
echo "speaker=disabled" >> ~/.config/xpra/xpra.conf

> I find that I can avoid the problem by including "--speaker=disabled" in
> the "xpra start" command, but I suspect that it shouldn't be necessary.
>
> Is this a bug or a feature?
It's a bug, one that only occurs on some distributions and so it wasn't
spotted during pre-release testing.
There will be a fix for it in 4.1.1