[winswitch] Fedora33 xpra h264 encoding support not working

Terry Barnaby terry at beam.ltd.uk
Fri May 21 10:09:03 BST 2021

Hi,

I am testing the usage of xpra between two Intel Fedora33 systems. It
functions fine with default encoding (whatever is used) but I cannot
enable h264 encoding to test with this.

I have tried using the default Fedora RPM's "dnf install xpra
xpra-codecs-freeworld xpra-html5 xpra-udev" as well as the
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra RPM's. Both show the same issue.

If I use "--encodings=h264" on a manually started server and client, the
server messages have the error listed:

"no common encodings found (server: rgb24, rgb32, grayscale, h264, auto
vs client: h264, excluding: h264, vp8, vp9, h264+mp4, mpeg4+mp4, mpeg1,
mpeg2, hevc)"

So something is setting the "excluding:" part for some reason. I cannot
find any information on why this would be.

Any ideas on what may be happening ?

Terry