[winswitch] Stop Mobile Keyboard

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 08:29:58 BST 2021

On 20/08/2021 17:15, Steve Gatenby via shifter-users wrote:
> Is it possible to tell xpra to not pass screen touches to mobile os
> (android in this case), or is that controlled fully by the phone itself ?
I'm sure something can be done, but I'm not so sure that it is possible
to satisfy all use-cases by default.
Most applications listen for keyboard events and very few actually use
read-only windows.
By not showing the on-screen keyboard, it would be impossible to use the
keyboard with any other application.

I guess that we could offer a switch so that xpra's own on-screen
keyboard disables the default mobile popup one.
Or perhaps the keyboard icon in the top bar could be used to toggle
between different modes: no keyboard input at all, on-screen or native.

Then there's also the issue of the clipboard, which is somewhat tightly
coupled with the keyboard.

Perhaps someone else has a better idea?