[winswitch] unexpected xpra session

Anthony Stone ajs1 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Apr 2 12:24:35 BST 2022

Antoine,

While working on my usual remote server using xpra, a new session
suddenly appeared, with the usual initialization display and a new
terminal window as would be started by my usual initialization command.
I don't think I was doing anything at the time to provoke this. "xpra
list" in either the old or the new terminal window gives me
/run/user/1013/xpra/1:
	LIVE session at :1
/run/user/1013/xpra:
	LIVE session at :1
/run/xpra:
	LIVE session at :1
/home/ajs1/.xpra:
	LIVE session at :1
Also ~/.xpra on the server now contains a file
srw------- 1 ajs1 xpra           0  2 Apr 12:04 whirligig-1=
created at the time the new session was started.

"xpra list" on the client gives
Found the following xpra sessions:
/run/user/1001/xpra/clients:
	LIVE session at :2178

Do you understand what's happening here? It's not a problem but it seems
odd.

Regards,
Anthony

--
Professor Anthony J. Stone              www-stone.ch.cam.ac.uk
University Chemical Laboratory,         Email:  ajs1 at cam.ac.uk
Lensfield Road,
Cambridge CB2 1EW, U.K.