[winswitch] Growing Lethargy over time with use...

xpra at zellners.com xpra at zellners.com
Wed Feb 9 21:36:54 GMT 2022

Use/problem: Over time the connection setup to the XPRA SERVER grows
lethargic, and eventually fails, with some features that work ie:
audio, quit working.

XPRA Version: 4.2.2 on both server and client

OS's: Server - 20.04 Client 20.04
Kernels: 5.8.0.53-Client 5.4.0.80-Server

Connection is an SSH connection that I setup via the XPRA-Launcher

Connecting via local LAN, all 1Gbps

xpra_launcher /home/ME/MyXPRA.xpra

So heres the situation...

Start up the server:
xpra start --env=XPRA_VAAPI=0 :100 --start=/home/server/dir/dir2/bin/program

This is a Java based program, not that I think that really is
relevant, but maybe...

Any way... all things start up and things go fine...

I connect up to the server a few times a day to check the program,
check a few things on the program yadda yadda... all is well ... the
gist is that over time things will take longer and longer to connect.
 From connecting up quickly and the screen showing snappily....
eventually it gets to the point it will not connect at all. Gradually
over time the time to connect, bring up the screen, and get the "beep"
for audio connection grows longer and longer and longer.

Eventually the XPRA server needs to be shut down and then restarted.
And all is back to normal, connect starts up snappy, screen shows up,
beep audio...and then the cycle starts.. it may be weeks till this
starts to grow lethargic...

I am open to any comments to look to where this might be creeping in
be it the program being run to elsewhere...

Comments?? Ideas??? More data wanted? ? ?

Thanks in advance.