[winswitch] No audio on upgrade to 4.3.2

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 13:49:03 GMT 2022

On 16/02/2022 13:18, xpra--- via shifter-users wrote:
> After upgrading my client during my recent OS updates, got XPRA 4.3.2
> for the client.
>
> Ran that to see if any change in re the "lethargic" startup in previous
> mention....
>
> But noticed immediately, NO AUDIO.
There were no updates or fixes to the audio subsystem for quite some time.

> Do not get the "audible beep" on startup.
>
> Connection status shows Audio: "ready"
>
> Client will show "audio connection using opus codec"
>
> Tried a toggle via xpra|speaker| off/on.. no joy. Still no audio from
> the server.
>
> Ubuntu 20.04..on server and client...
>
> Tried on an older client 4.2.? something.... on the connections status
> it shows "ready" and then it will go to "disabled" toggle off/on/off
> etc.. it will stick for a few seconds, "ready" and then "disabled", no
> audio here either.
>
> Any anything else to investigate?
The "-d sound,gstreamer" command line option will dump a huge amount of
information to your terminal, it should show us what the client and
server think they are doing.
Please don't forward it here and use a github issue instead.