[winswitch] NX Unable to connect - can't load libXcomp.so.3.5.0?

Victor Hooi victorhooi at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 11:23:52 GMT 2012

Hi,

My server is Ubuntu 11.10. I've installed nxagent and nxproxy from the X2go
PPA

My client is OSX 10.7 (I still haven't figured out how to get my Windows
box to connect).

I can connect to the server fine, and I can run applications via XPRA.

I then tried to use the NX protocol. When I try to use Start Application,
nothing happens.

When I try to use a full desktop session with NX, I get the error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: libXcomp.so.3.5.0
> Referenced from:
> /Applications/Window-witch.app/Contents/Resources/bin/nxproxy
> Reason: image not found

I did a search on the server for libXcomp, and it seems to be there:

$locate libXco
> /usr/lib/libXcomp.so.3
> /usr/lib/libXcomp.so.3.5.0
> /usr/lib/libXcompext.so.3
> /usr/lib/libXcompext.so.3.5.0
> /usr/lib/libXcompshad.so.3
> /usr/lib/libXcompshad.so.3.5.0
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXcomposite.so.1
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXcomposite.so.1.0.0
> /usr/lib/nx/libXcomp.so.3
> /usr/lib/nx/libXcomp.so.3.5.0
> /usr/lib/nx/libXcompext.so.3
> /usr/lib/nx/libXcompext.so.3.5.0