[winswitch] [ANNOUNCE] xpra 0.3.3

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Thu Jul 12 05:57:56 BST 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 22:29 +0700, Antoine Martin wrote:
> On 11/07/12 22:17, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> > Xorg takes:
> > -dpi int               screen resolution in dots per inch
> That should take care of this particular session for a single client
> configuration, but ideally I would like to find a more general solution
> where the xpra client could send the xpra server the DPI it already uses
> and get the server to adapt on the fly. (if at all possible)
> I have seen a number of posts referring to xrdb and Xft.dpi, but I have
> no idea how that interacts with toolkits (gtk, qt, tk..)
> I will need to investigate, pointers welcome.

xrandr also takes --dpi to set the resolution. I don't know if you can
directly query the dpi but xrandr does give the screen dimensions and
display mode dimensions so it's easy to calculate dpi from that. I guess
you just need to query it on the client side and set on the server side.

I don't know what you'd do about heterogeneous multi-screen setups
though, my displays are 125dpi and 100dpi.

Cheers,
Martin