[winswitch] xpra 0.7.0 and little keyboard troubles

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 11:25:15 BST 2012

On 10/12/2012 05:15 PM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 18:50:01 Antoine Martin wrote:
>> Can you try the latest from the 0.7.x branch? I fear that the Mac OSX
>> keyboard fix I have added there (present in trunk) might have had that
>> effect. It would be best to know this before releasing this stable
>> update. I would rather leave OSX broken then break something new..
>
> Tried minutes ago -- it's the same thing as in trunk i.e. I can't switch to
> non-English layout using Alt+Shift. Sorry.
Damn.

> By the way why are you using tag-branches instead of normal branches? ;)

The difference is only in naming and semantics, branches and tags are
the same thing in svn.
Maybe the "tags" tree should have been called "branches", but since each
tag looks like: "v0.N.x", it's pretty obvious what is in it.
I'm not fond of actual version "tags", because it happens far too often
that I find a minor distribution or platform specific issue that needs
fixing during the release builds - and quite often this can be fixed
after some of the packages have already been generated (since they may
not use the modified file(s) at all), which means that the binary builds
are not all exactly from the same revision - which is fine.
Tagging would only increase the burden on me for little or no benefit.