[winswitch] please conform to XDG Base directory specification; ~/.config/xpra/

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 16:12:06 BST 2013

On 04/09/13 22:00, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm continuing my exploration of xpra. It's wonderful so far. It would become
> even nicer, if you'd conform to the XDG Base Directory Specification[1][2].
> That means the xpra config file would go to
>
> ~/.config/xpra/config
I'm not very keen on this.
OTOH I can think of two problems already:
* we already have ~/.xpra/ shipping - changing anything is bound to
cause compatibility problems.
* the server sockets are placed in ~/.xpra/ by default already (and that
is unlikely to change - and even if it did, .config is not a suitable
place for sockets)

Ideas welcome.

Antoine