[winswitch] new kde system tray

Randy thejunk.b at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 22:55:39 BST 2015

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 09:05:17 AM basd wrote:
> This is not specifically a KDE problem.  I think it is a change in the
> freedesktop.org tray specification.  For instance, cairo-dock also has the
> "new" tray system and you can also add the "classic" one.
>
> There are several work arounds I have used:
>
> 1. add the KDE 3.5 kicker panel to a different screen edge from the plasma
> one. 2. run cairo dock and add the classic tray.
> 3. run the standalone tray, I think it is "ktray".  There is actually more
> than one standalone tray that will run on KDE, if you do the search.
>
> On 08/26/2015 11:06 PM, Antoine Martin wrote:
> > I am afraid I don't have KDE 4.15 installed anywhere, so don't hold your
> > breath for a fix.

Not really interested in chewing up more screen realestate by adding more
taskbars all over the place just to have access to this app, which I don't use
all that much.

I can add some information though.  I have tried both "alltray", and "kdock",
both of which are suppose to take any app and push it to the system tray.
Neither one works with the new kde tray.  They both make the app window
dissapear though.

Thanks.
--
If it ain't broke tweek it