[winswitch] new kde system tray

basd basd1 at fastbk.com
Sat Aug 29 19:04:19 BST 2015

Understood.

But ... none of the alternative solutions I mentioned needs to take up significant real estate:

Cairo-Dock -- auto hides on any screen edge.

ktray -- small floating window just sufficient to hold the winswitch icon.

kde3 kicker -- (a) has manual "hide" buttons, so it can be off-screen except when needed. (b)
another option is to make it really short, just the length of the tray (and remove all other
widgets), then re-size the plasma panel leaving enough space and put the kicker bar next to the
plasma panel.