[winswitch] [Xpra] Android client

Jakub Księżniak jksiezniak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:47:09 BST 2015

Hi,

Thanks for all feedback. I've read a bit about licensing and I came up with
some thoughts.

1. To write a fully functional client application, a network protocol must
be implemented to communicate with other side. In this case, the only
available reference is a source code of Xpra and wiki pages.
2. Unfortunately the documentation found on the wiki is not sufficient, as
for example I had to learn from Java sample code what capabilities must be
sent in a Hello packet in order to connect to the server. Without it, it's
impossible to get a reasonable response, not to mention about other
features.
3. If the Xpra protocol was described in some official document like
RFC6143 for the RFB protocol, then I could base on it instead of the Xpra
sources.

To sum up, it appears that my code is a "derived work" and thus the only
option is to choose a GPL license. :-(

Then, I'll change license information on Github with my next commit.

Thanks,
Jakub Księżniak