[winswitch] winswitch / xpra dependencies

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu May 28 04:23:38 BST 2015

On 28/05/15 01:58, basd wrote:
> It may help to make certain you have all of these installed (or as much of them as you can locate).
> Some have different names in different systems, I had to locate the correct packages for some
> openSuSE versions.  I'm only listing the runtime dependencies, not the build dependencies (or maybe
> some of these are build dependencies, but anyway, I did not include the ones marked "build requires".
>
> XPRA DEPENDENCIES
>
> python
> python-lz4
> pygtk2
> dbus-python (openSuSE dbus-1-python)
> python-crypto
> python-netifaces
> python-rencode (it may be that this is actually built in the xpra install?)
> python-pillow
> libefakeXinerama
Typo:
libfakeXinerama
> gtk2-immodule-xim
Not strictly required.
> xorg-x11-server-utils
> xorg-x11-drv-dummy
> xorg-x11-drv-void
> xorg-x11-auth
> x264
> x265
Not required or even desirable.
> python-gobject
> OpenGL
No such package.
> pyOopenGL
Typo: pyOpenGL
> pyOpenGL-accelerate
> pygtkglext
> numpy
> python-websockify
> python-lzo
Note: you're missing python-lz4, but python-lzo is still better than
plain zlib.
> libwebp
> libvpx
> python-gtk
> python-pycrypto
> python-Twisted
Not required for xpra, only for winswitch.
> python-Cython (possibly only for building rpm)
Only for building.
> xrandr
> libXtst6
> libXcomposite1
> avahi
Not strictly required. Only for mdns.
> python-avahi
> python-pyasn1
Only for winswitch.
> python-utmp
Only for winswitch.
> python-notify
Only for winswitch.
> perl-Growl-GNTP (? don't know why I put a perl package in here, probably not.)
Not needed.
> Growl (not sure what the package is)
Not needed.
> python-nautilus
> libxkbfile1
> (and I think xkbfile?)
> python-PyVirtualDisplay
I don't know what this is, doubt it is needed.
> xorg-x11-server-extra
>

> for printing:
>
> python-cups
> cups-pdf
>
> for sound:
> gstreamer
> gstreamer-plugins-base
> gstreamer-plugins-good
> gstreamer-python
> pulseaudio
> pusleaudio-utils
>

> optional python3:
>
> python3
> python3-lz4
>

> python3-gobject
> python3-crypto
> python3-neticfaces
> python3-rencode
> python3-pillow
> python3-PyOpenGL
> python3-OpenGL-acclerate
> gstreamer1
> gstreamer1-plugins-base
> gstreamer1-plugins-good
>
> WINSWITCH
Note: the vast majority of those dependencies are optional.
Winswitch can figure out what is installed and use whatever is there.