[winswitch] Problem on Polaris

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 14:59:22 GMT 2016

On 03/12/16 04:40, sivmu via shifter-users wrote:

> Am 29.11.2016 um 11:44 schrieb Antoine Martin via shifter-users:

>>> I tried to register for the bug tracker, but it seems there is something
>>> broken. The image test to rule out bots, does not appear.
>> Yes, sorry about that, we're waiting for trac to issue an overdue fix:
>> https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/11915#comment:28
>>
>>> Regarding the issue I finally found the time to create the log files
>>> requested. Since I cannot open a ticket at the moment I will just post
>>> this here:
>>>
>>> Used commands:
>>>
>>> xpra --debug all start :7
>>> DISPLAY=:7 xterm
>> FYI: use this form instead:
>> xpra start --start=xterm
>>
>>> xpra --debug all attach :7
>>>
>>> Resulting logfiles:
>>>
>>> https://paste.ee/r/If2rf
>>> https://paste.ee/r/thw5g
>> I don't see a client log file, which would be the most interesting one.
>> (only server log and xorg log in those links)
>>

> Here is the client log file
>
> https://paste.ee/r/qQ2KA
I see that your client is still trying to load the AMD opencl ICD,
that's really not a good idea: it causes all sorts of problems, in
particular it interferes with signal handling.

After that things seem to be proceeding OK, until we try to load some of
the icons for the system tray... and it takes 16 seconds to load a dozen
icons! (this should take mere milliseconds, see timestamps 2016-12-02
14:09:03 onwards)
So at that point it is already hopeless. Something is very broken on
that setup.

Try completely removing xpra's csc_opencl module:
rm -fr /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xpra/codecs/csc_opencl