[winswitch] Window button on MAC VMware

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 16:01:39 GMT 2016

On 23/03/16 15:23, John Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Xpra client version 0.17.0-r12161 (MS Windows 7 64bit) and Xpra
> server version 0.15.10-r11439 (also try 0.17.0-r12132 ( Trusty amd64)).
> In the server, I've installed Vmware Workstation 11.1.3 to running a MAC
> OSX (Yosemite) on it. Everything is great but only Window button is not.
Which "Window button"?
Are you talking about the "windows" key on the keyboard?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_key

> Whenever I press Window button on MAC (guest OS of Trusty) + S/C/V
> button..., Start Menu on Windows 7( the client) was appeared instead of
> executing Save As/Copy/Paste on MAC. The keyboard synchronization is ON.
Sounds like your client OS is intercepting those key events, I'm not
sure there's much we can do about this.
Perhaps you can remap the keys that you need in vmware instead?
If not, please create a ticket with sufficient details for me to
reproduce, preferably using simple applications rather than vmware..

Thanks