[winswitch] Fwd: Window button on MAC VMware

John Smith johnss1221 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 03:53:19 GMT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Smith <johnss1221 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [winswitch] Window button on MAC VMware
To: Antoine Martin <antoine at nagafix.co.uk>

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in answering back.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Antoine Martin <antoine at nagafix.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 23/03/16 15:23, John Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running Xpra client version 0.17.0-r12161 (MS Windows 7 64bit) and
> Xpra
> > server version 0.15.10-r11439 (also try 0.17.0-r12132 ( Trusty amd64)).
> > In the server, I've installed Vmware Workstation 11.1.3 to running a MAC
> > OSX (Yosemite) on it. Everything is great but only Window button is not.
> Which "Window button"?
> Are you talking about the "windows" key on the keyboard?
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_key

Yes, that's what i meant.

> > Whenever I press Window button on MAC (guest OS of Trusty) + S/C/V
> > button..., Start Menu on Windows 7( the client) was appeared instead of
> > executing Save As/Copy/Paste on MAC. The keyboard synchronization is ON.
> Sounds like your client OS is intercepting those key events, I'm not
> sure there's much we can do about this.
> Perhaps you can remap the keys that you need in vmware instead?

I'd tried to search about remap the key in vmware, but didn't succeed.

> If not, please create a ticket with sufficient details for me to
> reproduce, preferably using simple applications rather than vmware..

Yea,  I will create it. Can you tell me the information that you need ?

Thanks,
John