[winswitch] Fwd: Window button on MAC VMware

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 13:03:34 GMT 2016

>>> I'm running Xpra client version 0.17.0-r12161 (MS Windows 7 64bit) and
>> Xpra
>>> server version 0.15.10-r11439 (also try 0.17.0-r12132 ( Trusty amd64)).
>>> In the server, I've installed Vmware Workstation 11.1.3 to running a MAC
>>> OSX (Yosemite) on it. Everything is great but only Window button is not.
>> Which "Window button"?
>> Are you talking about the "windows" key on the keyboard?
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_key
>
> Yes, that's what i meant.
>
>>> Whenever I press Window button on MAC (guest OS of Trusty) + S/C/V
>>> button..., Start Menu on Windows 7( the client) was appeared instead of
>>> executing Save As/Copy/Paste on MAC. The keyboard synchronization is ON.
>> Sounds like your client OS is intercepting those key events, I'm not
>> sure there's much we can do about this.
>> Perhaps you can remap the keys that you need in vmware instead?
>>
> I'd tried to search about remap the key in vmware, but didn't succeed.
If you find out how, you could use one of the rarely used keys (ie:
right control key) and map this key to the windows key in the vmware guest.
This should allow you to simulate the key you need.

>> If not, please create a ticket with sufficient details for me to
>> reproduce, preferably using simple applications rather than vmware..
>>
> Yea,  I will create it. Can you tell me the information that you need ?
I have created a ticket for you:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/1152
And I have committed some code already that should help us achieve what
is required.
Please subscribe to it so you can see progress and verify that it works
for you.