[winswitch] H264 - cora web client

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 10:52:47 GMT 2016

On 21/11/16 17:41, Natan Sągol via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to enable h264 in one of my projects <https://github.com/merlinnot/dev/tree/feature/atom>. I guess it should work much better than jpeg. I’ve been trying for two days now and nothing helps:
> - installing x264
> - installing ffmpeg
> - passing —encodings, —encoding, —video-encoders
> - passing ?encoding=h264 in the URL
H264 is currently disabled in the HTML5 client, the latest betas builds
re-enable it again, try using those instead.

> xpra is a daemonised service, runs after bringing container to life (vagrant up / docker run). $DISPLAY variable is already set,
FYI: client applications should be started with "xpra --start=THEAPP"
rather than by hand with DISPLAY= to ensure the whole environment is
correctly setup.

> only thing to do is run “atom” command inside container (logging via docker exec or vagrant ssh) and application becomes visible at port 8000.
I'm not sure if and how "atom" and docker are relevant to your question.

>  My second issue is keyboard layout, passing keyboard_layout=pl in the URL doesn’t help, I can’t insert language-specific characters.
Keyboard support is very tricky to get right, even more so with browsers
since we only get limited keyboard data.
For debugging, see:
http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/Keyboard