[winswitch] XPRA: keyboard problem on Linux + Chromium Browser and derivates

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 14:27:14 BST 2017

On 22/08/17 23:33, Dr. Massimiliano Dal Cero via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I have a problem with XPRA (via html) and chrome browser (on Ubuntu 17.04)
> and keyboard events.
>
> When using another program like firefox or xterm, I do not have any
> problems, but when using chromium (or an app made with "electron" also
> chromium based) the keyboard does not work.
This sound like an xpra focus bug.
Does this only occur with the HTML5 client?

> In debug mode I can see the input of my keyboard typing, but in the browser
> nothing is happening (note: all ok with mouse event).
Then the events are being sent, but may not be received correctly by the
application

> The problem goes out if I use XPRA in "shadow" mode and run xvfb separately
> (but I need to use XPRA without xvfb :()
The "shadow" mode uses the same mechanism for injecting mouse and
keyboard events (XTest in versions before 2.2), so the only difference
would be the focus events.

> Someone knows why it happens this :(
Sounds like you may want to file a ticket with enough details for us to
reproduce the problem with a minimal example.
(and include "--debug focus")