[winswitch] Problems with recent builds of XPRA

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 21:15:26 BST 2017

On 07/06/17 16:06, Alex Wood via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed a few problems recently with xpra (just xpra, I don't use the
> full winswitch package) build for both windows and linux (Ubuntu).  My setup
> is I use xpra to run programs from my Ubuntu 17.04 x64 server on my Windows
> 10 x64 Desktop.  I tend to start the program via the cli on the server and
> then connect to that session via windows.  The Ubuntu builds that are giving
> me problems are the x64 variants of builds 16025/6:
I assume that you're using the beta repository. Please always include
the full version string.

> 16025 - complains  opengl support is missing and bombs out
Version 2.1 enables the OpenGL support on more chipsets, it is possible
that the one you are using is buggy and causes the crash. Please see:
https://www.xpra.org/trac/ticket/1367
And add your details here so we can blacklist the driver or chipset if
needed.

> 16026 - says that xpra for python 2.7 is not installed and bombs out.
Please include the actual error message details.
(could be an incomplete package)

> tried to install xpra for python using pip, but it failed to build (problem
> linking to ffmpeg).
The version of ffmpeg on your system may not be compatible. For more
information on building from source on Ubuntu see:
https://www.xpra.org/trac/wiki/Building/Debian

> I also notice the deb file for 16026 is quite a bit smaller than usual.  I
> can still get everything to work if I use build 15981 though and use
> apt-mark hold xpra to stop it updating to the problematic build versions.
Thanks for pointing that out, I have deleted the incomplete upload.

> On Windows I have to use  either x64 build 15800, as build 15924 (the one
> you also use as the main download for  x64 Windows) says it is corrupt when
> I try and run the installer, and is only about 13Mb in size, as opposed the
> usual 55-60Mb range.   I was just wondering if this is just a temporary
> glitch, or if there is a new dependency or something that I've missed and
> need to download for these builds?
Same as above, I've deleted the incomplete upload.
There is a newer build, but for 32-bit only.