[winswitch] public keys

Antoine Martin totaam at xpra.org
Thu Sep 15 15:33:29 BST 2022

On 14/09/2022 02:46, Mark Couteau via shifter-users wrote:
 > Hello List:
 >
 > I keep having a failure to update from the xpra software server due to a
 > public key issue.
 >
 > I'm not very familiar with this sort of thing.
 >
 > Here is the error message from the apt update command on Linux Mint 21
 > Vanessa.
 >
 > Hit:9 https://xpra.org jammy InRelease
 > Err:9 https://xpra.org jammy InRelease
 >  ? The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key
 > is not available: NO_PUBKEY 18ADB31CF18AD6BB
 > Reading package lists... Done
 > Building dependency tree... Done
 > Reading state information... Done
 > All packages are up to date.
 > W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository
 > is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
 > https://xpra.org jammy InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be
 > verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
 > 18ADB31CF18AD6BB
 > W: Failed to fetch https://xpra.org/dists/jammy/InRelease? The following
 > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
 > NO_PUBKEY 18ADB31CF18AD6BB
 > W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
 > ones used instead.
 >
 > Any help is appreciated.
You have not specified how you installed xpra or which GPG keys you have
imported.
Did you follow the instructions here:
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/wiki/Download#-for-debian-based-distributions
Or something else?

The gory details explaining why we now have 2 different sets of keys for
signing the packages is explained here:
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/3499#issuecomment-1077136429