[winswitch] new user questions for xpra

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Mon Sep 19 22:43:49 BST 2022

Hi I am new user trying the xpra and I have couple of questions.
I amd using Mageia Linux 8 and my python version is 3.8.12.
I have installed the latest xpra from sources with command:

    python3 ./setup.py install --user

1) I try to execute the xpra with following command to connect
to another computer on ip 192.168.1.31 that is also running the mageia 8:
   xpra start ssh://lamikr@192.168.1.31 --start-child=xterm
but I am getting following error

xpra initialization error:
  invalid value for sync_xvfb: None int() argument must be a string, a
bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'

Should I use some different python version. (I know python is very
incompatible between different versions)

2) Do I need to install xpra also to computer that I try to connect
or is xpra deploying somekind of runtime app to host machine during the
connection?

https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/blob/master/docs/Usage/README.md
does not really mention anything about install requirements

3) Will xpra work with wayland + xwayland compination installed or do I
need to run either the host or client machine on X11 desktop session?

Mika