[winswitch] [ANNOUNCE] xpra 0.3.5 / xpra 0.4.1 / xpra 0.5.0-beta1

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 18:48:42 BST 2012

On 08/02/2012 12:39 AM, Neal Becker wrote:
> So we've switched to xvfb by default?
Xdummy in place of Xvfb you mean?

Well, sort of, the support has been there for ages. Distros have now
started shipping a version of Xorg recent enough so it is "only" a
matter of packaging it properly. (detecting support, and using the right
value for xvfb in the system wide config defaults)
I just wished they had installed the non-suid Xorg binary too...

> Well, it now works - but I have the xdpy issue.  xdpyinfo reports
> 20x25dpi, while the correct value is 115x115 (iirc).
Hah, let's follow this issue here:
https://www.xpra.org/trac/ticket/163

Is this really a problem? What apps/toolkits use this info rather than
Xft.dpi?

Antoine