[winswitch] This server does not export any commands and No users

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 15:20:02 GMT 2012

(snip)
> Now shodan can connect to itself.
> I can run for example VNC copy and get the
> infinite cascade of my desktop > desktop > desktop infinite.
OK, good.

> Trying to launch applications of shodan from shodan seems to fail. Will look
> into this later.
Does this fail with both NX and Xpra? (if nx is installed...)
It may be worth trying with VNC to compare. (untick disable suboptimal
protocols to have the option)

> Now I can run applications from asus-1201n (invoking them from shodan) and see
> them on shodan.
>
> Now here is the catch.
>
> Trying to run something from shodan, invoking it from asus, shows the message,
>
> "This server does not export any commands"
>
> So I'm guessing something fails in the CLIENT (stable), who can't properly
> detect servers (be stable servers or beta servers).
Yes, that's why I asked you to install the beta packages. Update the
client to run the beta too and report back.

> I will try later upgrading asus-1201n to beta and see what happens.
>
> If you need more data I can gladly provide.
>
> System for both machines
> Debian Squeeze
> kernel 2.6.32-5-686
>
> Another very NOOB question. Is there a way to add BETA to sources.list?
Yes, just add /beta/ to the repo URL.